Important Information: please read...
- The DEADLINE for registration WAS Friday, July 25th.
- POSTERS , 24x36 foam board and an easel will be available for you on Friday - You can secure your unmounted poster with push pins or tape.
- SUNDAY LUNCH , boxed lunch will be available. Please indicate below if you will require lunch on Sunday.
- Use the mailing list to suggest possible topics for the breakout sessions, or for other ideas you might want to discuss.
Thank you for Registering for the FIND Student Meeting in Seattle August 22-24, 2008. We look forward to seeing you there!
Meeting Location and Draft Agenda:
Grand Hyatt Seattle - 721 Pine Street - Seattle, WA 98101 - Phone: 206-774-6212
- The meeting will begin with a welcome reception and Poster Session on Friday August 22 from 5:30 - 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday morning will begin with a plenary talk on where FIND is going and some Panel sessions with faculty talking about important open questions.
- Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning we will have topical breakout sessions with 2-3 parallel tracks.
- Saturday night the NSF will host dinner - come and enjoy the company of your fellow students.
- Sunday morning the topical breakout sessions will continue and the meeting will adjourn at Noon.
- Boxed lunch will be available for you if you request it on your registration form.
The following hotels are within walking distance of the meeting hotel:
1531 7th Ave, Seattle, WA - (206) 621-1200 - 0.1 mi S
- Hotel Max - Downtown Seattle
620 Stewart Street, Seattle, WA - (866) 986-8087 - 0.1 mi NW
724 Pine St, Seattle, WA - (206) 292-9500 - 0.1 mi N
- The Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) is located approximately 20 minutes south of downtown Seattle. The airport services both domestic and international flights. The information below is for transportation between the airport and downtown Seattle.
- GrayLine Seattle Downtown Airporter Service provides frequent shuttle service to downtown Seattle hotels between 5:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. The cost is US$10.25 per person one-way and US$17.00 for round trip. Advance reservations are not necessary. The Downtown Airporter operates between SeaTac Airport and the Crowne Plaza, Fairmont Olympic, Grand Hyatt Hotel, Hilton Hotel, Madison Renaissance, Seattle Sheraton, Warwick Hotel and Westin Hotel. Tickets may be purchased from the service desks located on the baggage claim level of the airport.
- Shuttle Express - Frequent operation between the airport and any Seattle destination you request. For example, the fare for 1-2 guests from SeaTac to downtown Seattle is US$28.75, and the 3rd guest rides for just US$4 more.
- Several taxi and limo services are also available. For example Yellow Cabs, Tel: +1 206 622 6500; Farwest Taxi, Tel: +1 206 622 1717
- Metro buses are free in the downtown area before 7pm. Fares are US$0.85 within the city and US$1.10 across city lines.
- '''For any questions you might have, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the ContactUs form located in the left